Choosing the right massage therapist clothing is an important aspect of being successful in your practice. In this blog, we are going to discuss some tips you can use for choosing your massage clothing.
Whichever style and type of clothing you choose to wear as a massage therapist, it’s important that your clients see you as professional, knowledgeable and trustworthy. When you dress the part as a massage therapist, you are saying “I am serious, capable and willing to help you ease your pain.” To make a good first impression, wear comfortable and professional clothing that will identify you as a sincere massage therapist.
Dress Code For A Massage Therapist
Massage therapist clothing should be professional and comfortable. White looks clean and fresh, but shows dirt easily, especially with products such as oils, lotions and creams used during therapy. Dark colors, such as black, are a more common and are typically a better choice as spills and dirt can’t be seen easily on these colors. You could always use accessories to differentiate your style from other massage therapist clothing. Just make sure it’s not too distracting, otherwise it could take away from your therapy sessions. Some companies like their employees to dress in matching uniforms. This style of massage therapist clothing can be very therapeutic and have a calming effect also.
Tips for Choosing Your Massage Therapist Clothing
Here are some tips to help you look professional in your massage therapy practice:
- Wear tee shirts that are loose fitting and not overly tight making sure they are freshly washed and in very good shape. If they are too loose, they will appear sloppy.
- Wear shirts that are soft and comfortable – not exposing more than 2″ below your collarbone.
- For females make sure your shirt/top is not too revealing. Showing cleavage is not appropriate. You don’t want to give the wrong impression.
- Do not wear tight fitting slacks or shirts. You are not in your place of business to show off your physic. Again, you don’t want to send the wrong signal to your clientele.
- Wear a belt, if needed. If your slacks are constantly falling, you need a belt.
- Wear the right size slacks making sure the slacks are not too short, otherwise, this will distract from your professionalism.
- Don’t be afraid to wear slacks with elastic waists. They are very comfortable and stay put when you bend down. They can also be very stylish.
Find styles of massage therapist clothing that are comfortable, practical and professional for your job setting. Be confident that you are wearing the best massage therapist clothing for your business. It is probably best if your colleagues wear similar slacks and the same matching color shirt for unity. Then, if you wanted, you could wear different colors on different days of the week. That way everyone in your company would be in sync, looking very professional and ready to begin the day.
Also, your clients will feel more comfortable and relaxed when they see your matching massage therapist clothing. It speaks volumes about the professionalism your practice is trying to achieve. Remember to dress for success in your massage therapy clothing.
Grow Your Massage Therapy Practice
At Massagebypro, massage therapists get their own professional mini website with a powerful SEO boost so clients can easily find them on major search engines and Social Media sites. Our unique 5-star Review Portal allows therapists to easily ask for reviews, an important component to grow any business. Members get weekly business tips, social media tools and support from our Team. We connect massage clients with the best massage professionals in the United States. Find the best massage therapists in these modalities: Swedish Massage Therapists, Deep Tissue Massage Therapists, Hot Stone Massage Therapists, Prenatal Massage Therapists, Sports Massage Therapists, Medical Massage Therapists, Reflexology Massage Therapists, Cupping Massage Therapists, Lomi Lomi Massage Therapists, and Thai Massage Therapists.