1. Tell us about you and your Practice. How long have you been in Practice? What type of Massage do you specialize in?
I own Serene Soul Studio in Delray Beach, Florida. Just having celebrated our 2 year anniversary. We specialize in Swedish Massage, Deep Tissue, Ashiatsu Massage, and Reiki Healing.
2. Why did you become a Massage Therapist?
I am a natural Healer. I have a passion for Holistic Health. Interestingly enough I found out my mother was a Massage Therapist herself. I always wanted to be in business for myself so between my love for Health and Business, Massage Therapy was a perfect fit.
3. What do you struggle with the most when it comes to running your business?
I struggle with the public’s view on massage and find it frustrating that most want a discount. With the growing number of franchises, they influence the public’s view of Massage Therapy especially when it comes to price points for a Massage Treatment.
4. What is your favorite part about being a Massage Therapist?
Working for myself and the creative control of running a business. Since opening my studio I have since gotten into Reiki Healing as well as run numerous Workshops and Events.
5. What is your favorite motivational quote?
“A new idea is first condemned as ridiculous, then dismissed as trivial, until finally, it becomes what everybody knows.”
6. The best piece of advice for a therapist just getting out of school?
Don’t assume that you must go work for someone else right after school. Your mindset is the only thing that will hold you back. Believe in yourself and open your own practice right away, if that’s what you want.
7. If you weren’t a Massage Therapist what would you be doing?
I am doing it, I started Massagebypro.com. I have a passion for business so I will always have a career as an Entrepreneur.
8. Must-Have massage tool (physical or digital) that you use in your massage practice.
My phone and managing my Social Media accounts. Facebook is an amazing tool to spread the word about the studio. Not only our Business Page but we are able to create events, share in local groups and place ads to promote specific events.
9. What has been the most effective way to gain new clients?
Groupon is a wonderful tool. Some therapists hate it but we have used a specific strategy and it has worked very well for us.
10. Please list your Social Media Handles?
Facebook Karolina Mankowski
LinkedIn Karolina Mankowski
Want to be featured in our Interview Series!? We would love to hear your story! Send us an email to email@example.com with Subject Line: Interview Me. We look forward to sharing your story and it will be sure to inspire others.